Request for review on BOSS GT-6B

LOL ang mohs a little liberal if you ask me. So many positive comments. the asian mindset a little better LOL!

I had mine for about a year plus. Mmm...let me break down my opinions accordingly:

Presets sounds - Some of the preset sounds are interesting to play with, though some of them are not useful when playing it comes to playing music with, like "Slap the clown" and some other weird ones. So I'm using the presets when I'm playing.

Amps selection - Quite a good variety, so you can choose what kind of amp output sound that you like.

Buttons and Pedals - The pedals are responsive. However, the buttons are for finger-touch, so you might have to squat to change some settings once a while. The wah/ volume pedal's pretty sturdy and responsive.

Programming -Due to my busy schedule, I still have yet to finish the manual (50 over pages, and yes, I'm too lazy also..haha) and master this baby properly, so as mentioned earlier, I'm using the presets. I heard the the Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live is more user-friendly, and also you can hook it up to your PC to upload more stuff. So I think this is the main area where the Boss lost out to. And I think Line 6 also cheaper...

Casing - Casing's solid. I think it's steel. But of course, metal means weight. So if you don't have your own transport, it'll be a little of a hassle to lug it around ( your bass is heavy enough already).

If you have been using Boss products previously, you might be more comfortable with this. I'm okay, just that need to spend some time to sit down and experiment with the programming.

Hope this helps.

By the way, anyone out there who using this? Perhaps can share some tips on the programming or any related info on this equipment.

Ive use GT6B for bout 2 years. Now trying to get xpod to explore more sounds. Done 2 recording songs using GT6B. 2 more coming up next year.

Back