Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0-10T

volux

Alright, although I haven't spent that much time with this lil guy, I can't help but feel the need to share my view of it here. First off, don't let its small size fool you. It's small and light alright, but it's anything but soft!! Admittedly, I have yet to use the GB in a gigging situation, but judging from the reviews on the net, no doubt I'll bring along this fella :p

The GB is my first removable head+cab combo, and my previous amps were Line6 Studio 110 as well as Line6 LD15. Judging from the huge price difference between the GB and Studio 110, I'd say it's well worth it, if what you're looking for is a nice clean sound from your bass. By no means is the Studio 110 bad, but it gave my bass sound a certain "color" even on it's clean preset. On the GB, my bass sounded much more pure, transparent even. It had that woody sound I could never get from my Studio 110. The GB handles the low B better too; it's much tighter whereas it sounds slightly slurred on the Studio.

Normally I'm not the kind to mess around with EQ's on the amp, but on the GB, I can't help but to play around with it. It's got Bass, Treble and sweepable Low- and Hi-Mids. I could easily get that fat, round vintage sound by tweaking just a lil on the mids. And I REALLY mean a little, cause the EQ is pretty sensitive. This translates to being able to dial in quite a wide range of tone. Oh and it's got that signal shaping buttons, 1 for bass boost, 1 for a mid-scoop, and 1 for a treble boost. Personally I always set the bass and treble boost on. For those bassists who love to have some dirt in their sound, ya'll might be put off by the lack of gain control knob, but I'm playing through a VT bass pedal, so it's no biggie for me. But what I love most is the mute button. Oh yeah. That cute lil button. God knows how many times I accidentally "popped" my previous amps when I forgot to lower down the volume before removing a cable or powering off the amp. I know it's not exactly a deal breaker, but for me it's a godsend :p

All in all, I would highly recommend this amp for anyone who's looking for a pure tone from their bass, or is looking for a dependable, yet, small and lightweight gigging amp they can rely on. Even if the lack of gain knob might put you off, I highly suggest you give this amp a tryout, you'll never know! Personally, I'm totally pleased I got this fella! Gotta thank Brendon from BGW for his patience and wonderful customer service too! Awesome chap with an awesome place to test out quality items!

And finally, some pics (forgive me for the bad quality though haha)

311722_10150319885302062_521952061_8421782_1221868460_n.jpg

294245_10150319884562062_521952061_8421770_1195394871_n.jpg

Back