DXS–A Heart For The Less Fortunate?The Intellectually Disabled Children To Drum

DXS – Soft’s Drum Xchange Singapore Members/ Drummers – Will DXS Be Able To Have - Volunteers Who Can Spare Some Time ( If Many Of Us Here Can Participate) & Teach Drumming ( for FREE ) To The Less Fortunate

– “ The Intellectually Disabled Children” From ( Thye Hua Kwang Moral Society Singapore “ – How To Drum ?

Dear DXS / Soft’s “ Drum Xchange Singapore “ Drummers & Members

Soft’s DXS is Known As A “ Social Drumming Activity Group in Singapore “ Based @ Soft Music Forum Singapore and Jurong Green CC…Thanks to ( There are just too many People for me to mention here) --- A whole Lists – check it out at DXS main Thread if you wanna know more details.

Our SLOGAN since ….. “ Inspire To Drum, Drumming To Inspire “ has been with DXS since the Day DXS was Initiated …. And it has been great since then Where Drummers in Singapore will get to Meet Each Other and Make Friends, And Share Their Drumming Passion here at any of our – DXS MEETUPS ( Whenever there is one) – as we move from one place to another.

Yes and Ehhhhh – DXS is not a Drumming School ( That is absolutely correct) though it is made up of many Fine-Drummers Who Will Drop By Every Now & Then When They are Free here in Singapore as we gather and share – since.

DXS Shares The GREATEST JOY among ourselves ( With everyone especially Drummers ) at all our Meetup as Always

but TODAY ( I would wanna - - Ask DXS A QUESTION )

Will DXS or Soft’s Drum Xchange Singapore ( It’s Members Drummers & It’s Musicians) … Voluntarily “ SHARE “ ( With All Our Hearts ) The Joy That We Had All Along In DRUMMING Among Ourselves – FREELY --- With - - “ A LESSER MORE UNFORTUNATE GROUP OF PEOPLE HERE IN SINGAPORE ?

They Are The : - “ The Intellectually Disabled “ from – “ Thye Hua Kwang Moral Society Singapore “ ?

DXS Moves and Hopefully Come To Realise Too - - That “ THE DRUMMING PASSION “ is definitely not “ Restricted To Only The MORE –FORTUNATE PEOPLE ( Like you and Me Here ) – BUT Also - - To

The More –Unfortunate Slower-Learner ( People / Youth ) Who Are Intellectually Disabled and Who would wanna learn DRUMMING – at these “ HOMES “ They are now Staying ? …..

Can WE --- DXS goes to them … and Share Our Love & Passion With These People !

Maybe By Doing So

DXS can now be even --- “ TERM TO BE REALLY “ – Not Just A Social Drumming Group here at Soft Music Singapore , but more than that – A Morally Or Socially Responsible Drumming Group – in Singapore here …

I know what drummers can give ( PLENTY ) as they make The MOST NOISE … Can We now – Give Our HEARTS ? and SHARE ..once again for a Different Cause…A Good and Great One…

Can The Intellectually Disabled Be Able to DRUM …and DRUM WELL …??? ( which is not the Main Exercise here – but help Improve their Disabilities A little here) I guess – It depends on us ? .. and Yet To Find Out ?

Eric Wong
For Soft Music Singapore &
Soft’s Drums Xchange Singapore

Thye Hua Kwang Moral Society Singapore
http://www.thkms.org.sg/services.html

It Take Besides A Kind Heart, ( Many OTher Factors ) To Teach The Intellectually Disabled . MUSIC and DRUMMING ! True ?

Last edited:
Maybe Drumming Does Offer Some Help To These Intellectually Disabled …Maybe ? As Drumming Entails – All Four Limbs – Co-ordinations, Exercises Controls…and Depending on What Type Of Drumming – It can be Very Physically Demanding too as we all know.

These People Are “ Intellectually Disabled” not “ Physically Disabled “ --- Can Drumming here through some form of Progressive Physical and Mental Training In Controls through Drumming - helps the Intellectually Poor here ?

I hope it can through time, but even if we fail – at least – We Tried Our Best , We Contribute, We had Share Our PASSION, Our JOY – with these Less-Fortunate Singaporeans here…

Drummers Are Really Great People ..Right ?…YESsssss.

If you’re Interested to Help – Kindly REGISTER your Soft’s Nick, Real Name, and PM me yr “ HP no “ & “ email address “ here..

@ - - This is a Volunteering Social Work – So You Join Us Only When You’re Are Able To Come On The Day .

S/no Nick / Real Name ( PM me – your HP No and email Address)

( 1 ) RudimentalDrummer aka Eric W
( 2 ) Chaos931 aka Mundy
( 3 ) Soft aka James ( etc –James Can Really Drum Too )
( 4 ) Please Continue from here ( just Copy/Paste Carry On the Listing & Post It here )

DXS Members Just Need to Drum – To Stir Interest here !

1st GROUP:- ( Have Family) – So It’s a Workshop

A Group of ( 65 Persons – of which 15 are below 40 years of age ) and are Visually Impaired & Intellectually Disabled – Who Would “ LOVE TO HAVE “ DXS Drummers Sharing Our Drumming Passion with them.

This GROUP ( Only – Goes To THK Centre) for Special Services on WEEKDAYS – Monday 9am till 4pm

Centre Address is at: - Blk 3 Eunos Crescent #01-2581

Can DXS – Accommodate them – Only on Weekdays here ? …

2nd GROUP:- Stay At The Welfare Home ( Homeless People 90 people) – Ranges from all Ages Group even young ones – COMPLEX here..

Another Moral Welfare Home Situated at:
301, Henderson Road

However, this home is not sure – How Responsive the people will be on Drumming here as the Centre has only conducted Music-Appreciation Event in so far….

The Co-ordinator in charge here feels the people have Low-IQ and really wonder if they can reponse – but would love give it a try.

PS: - I spoke to THK Centre staff a while ago --- and she feels that it is good that I go down to the Home here to Visit them and see and observed

GENERALLY --- I understand that ( the 2nd Group) are very Confined to their homes – they would love to go out but unless someone brings them out ( I’m not saying DXS will be doing this – it is just what I know) … and I understand from the Centre – that Very Few People Actually Takes The Initiatives to --- See If They Can Help…If Drumming Can Spice Them Up A little here and make them Happy – Why Not ?
Maybe some will think that – ( The Drum-Set) is a Toy , and Some Will Not There ( cause its Too-Diverse the People With Disabilities there – BUT --- No one had actually try to Test – If some of them does have Potential and can MAKE-IMPROVEMENTS on their Intellectual Ability Here …This is what I was told.

So far – this is what I know…

S/no Nick / Real Name ( PM me – your HP No and email Address)

( 1 ) RudimentalDrummer aka Eric W
( 2 ) Chaos931 aka Mundy
( 3 ) Soft aka James ( etc –James Can Really Drum Too )
( 4 ) Ross/Aural Vibes
( 5 ) Kenny Hogan
( 6 ) Pls Carry On

Last edited by a moderator:
Back