The last surviving heroes of Soft.com

Those were the days when the open-mic was so active!

I'm glad to know a couple of great friends from SOFT and I'm thankful! :)

@ James

You are right that paying $0.50 for an additional ad is really no big deal when one is selling their gear for hundreds of dollars but do bear in mind that it does not take only $0.50 to sell an item. At the rate of ads being buried, sometimes it takes more than $0.50 to sell an item as 1 ad will probably not do the deal at times.

I do not have a problem with the paying system and will support SOFT on this as i believe that there is no such thing as a free lunch. but i do feel that it has room for improvement. The mindset of pay $0.50 for an ad is no big deal for gear worth much more than that has gotta change. There's a saying in hokkien " Take people's money must see people's face colour" and that is reality.

Just a suggestion,

instead of cutting off the ability to edit initial ads after 60 mins, Maybe a restriction can be made for those who have low post counts. low meaning somewhere along 100 and below. It also promotes new softies to converse more rather than just "stealth hunting" the buy/sell.

I guess if you are targeting at fakes and scams, it's almost always the case with members who just sign up to make a quick one. The regular softies are rarely seen trying to pull a fast one on un-suspecting buyers. a lot of the regulars here do a lot of buy/sell here and we do see that soft is a great platform to buy/sell gear in SG and we do treasure our sales reputation to do something like that to have it tainted. Heck, there's even unofficial SOFT police roaming the forums.

Just to be fair to the regulars who have stuck and will continue to stick with SOFT all these years and for years to come.

:)

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen something similar and other forums as well, not just guitar-related ones. If you don't have a certain no. of posts, you're not entitled to post/download stuff etc. Good thinking there:)

yep, in fact, some forums, think some of you might know, even limit low post count people unable to even PM..

I have been with this forum for quite a while, I think? Since 2006 when I was only in secondary school! Time flies, eh?

Remembered organizing SOFT kick-abouts with FGL bro and they were quite a success while it lasted. Haha, and as a result of SOFT, I have met many friends and musicians that I don't think I could have met if I didn't use SOFT!

Hope everyone who still uses SOFT enjoys their time here! Although I haven't been really posting for quite a long time, I still visit this webpage almost every other day. It has become a ritual for me.

Remembered organizing SOFT kick-abouts with FGL bro and they were quite a success while it lasted. Haha, and as a result of SOFT, I have met many friends and musicians that I don't think I could have met if I didn't use SOFT!

Hope everyone who still uses SOFT enjoys their time here! Although I haven't been really posting for quite a long time, I still visit this webpage almost every other day. It has become a ritual for me.

I remember meeting you at that Soccer meet-up! Along with theunknown.
Haha we should have another one soon!

I'm here to read about music news, and etc. Also to pose questions. I'm still around, but I am not on the FB's SOFT.

me thinks in FB, you can

1. Use vulgar, foul language to eff ppl who piss you off and wont have to worry about moderators
2. Almost real time - anytime touch base with kakis
3. Post mundane, inane aspects of your life wothout being flammed

Hey, Im guilty of all three

..... but I'm still here ... not as much as before ... but still here ...

Back