Can't edit my own post

Speaking of editing, I can't edit my post at the buy/sell section. I wanted to change the price but couldn't do so. So i just reply on my own ad. I wonder why though.

It applies to all forum sections, not limited to buy/sell.

Thanks bro for the help.
http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?t=204444
This is my ad in the buy/sell section. I tried to change the price from $80 to $70. The 'edit' button was still there and i can 'edit' it. But no matter how many times i change, it still remains at $80. (Although it said that 'editted at 07:25pm'). So I had to reply onto my own ad to notify about the price change.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter now, since it's already sold

I think editing to own posting should allow, especially in the buy/sell section. I have to post a reply to my own thread that the item has already been sold and a lot of times people don't read the thread after the first and they kept sms me regarding the item. Its very annoying ..

Yes @soft, please explain why we can't edit in the buy&sell section after an hour. Seems silly and counter-intuitive - especially when marking the thread "sold" doesn't always stop people from inquiring long after the fact. And price changes as well, they are not always noted by people after the first post, which can render an advertisement all but useless.

You all should consider that the average attention span of people looking to buy used gear. Once we see something we want or need, reading comprehension is usually limited to the phone number only. :)

Bloody annoying. Just my 0.02 cents

Back