Jazz Piano School @ POMO

lavender

Hi, :) anyone of you attending lessons/ have taken lesson in this school for Pop/Classical piano?
Any reviews of the instructor or instructors there?
I can't find much info about this school, except its own website.
Just wanna hear about about this school/instructor before I commit :)

PMs are welcome~

Thanks in advance.. :)

hi

Glad to announce that it's one of the best Jazz schools in Singapore. The tutor Mr. Victor is very patient and an exemplary Jazz Pianist with outstanding qualifications. I'm a student studying there for the past 6 months plus and I have been motivated to unlimited heights...
Just drop in there and enrol. You will see that you could learn to do all the Jazz styles like with ultimate guidance and motivation.

All the best

Peter

hi

Glad to announce that it's one of the best Jazz schools in Singapore. The tutor Mr. Victor is very patient and an exemplary Jazz Pianist with outstanding qualifications. I'm a student studying there for the past 6 months plus and I have been motivated to unlimited heights...
Just drop in there and enrol. You will see that you could learn to do all the Jazz styles like with ultimate guidance and motivation.

All the best

Peter

do you really know what u r playing? or you just copy what the teacher plays....and muscle memory.
i have heard some jazz piano students (from various schools/teachers) play nice improvisations....but they r mainly taught
to remember how it is played.

Hi
sorry to Resurrect this thread. In 3 weeks time I will have to look for a new piano school. I already have 10 weeks of lesson (mostly fingering and scales, basic chords, basic theory and able to read music notes now). Want to do pop piano, new age, (play by ear improvisation) AND play by sight (that is piano music sheet) I looking for a pop jazz piano school that has structured syllabus with proper design syllabus, printout lesson notes or base on piano books. I am not good to learn by verbal only. I need print out lesson notes or base on books, so that I can practice myself at home. I plan to learn for longer period progressing to ability to transcribing and music arrangement ( can be done at another stage after progress to intermediate or advanced level ) . Dont want those school or teacher teaches impromptu manner without a single piece of lesson notes or simply printout music sheet and then says lets practice this.
So far narrow to two schools.
Play By Ear (Bugis)
Jazz Piano School (The Adelphi)

Anyway can give me advise the props and cons or PM me?? Thanks very much for helping to shorten my musical learning journey.

Back