DOD Death Metal Distortion

zazin

guyz, these are reviews on da above gadget not done by me but those users. i had 1 b4 but after shifting house, its gone! hiash......ok here goes.

user 1) This pedal is uniquely painted in mostly black with blood spattered graphics on the sides. I play metal all the way but not necessarily Death Metal. However that doesn't mean this pedal isn't right for me. I've played on and off for about eighteen years but am now back in the groove of things and full out into band mode.

I actually acquired this pedal for free (no joke). My buddy gave it to me along with another when I started playing again this last time, they were no longer of use to him.

What I love about this pedal is its clearly designed to fill your sound with just pure dirty distortion. Its disgustingly rich with gain and has just the right amount of EQ's to mess around with. I hear some players complain that its too cheap sounding, which may be the case for certain types of playing style, however if you've played as long as I have you know that one pedal is never gonna fulfill all of your playing needs unless you buy something like the Digitech RP1000 or something similar, I don't rely on one single pedal I like to collect a variety. If its a case of needing to be louder during solo's than I suggest placing a Crybaby Wah behind it in your effects loop.

There isn't much I dislike about this pedal unless as I said your looking for a louder, cleaner sound, than play around with others. But if you want a ridiculous amount of distortion than this is the one for you.

Its built to last, it gets kicked around so much around here if it were built cheap I would've noticed by now.

In closing, I'd have to say if your starting out and don't want to break the bank but need something to play metal riffs; you'd be wrong to not even at least try one of these out. I have plenty of other much more expensive gear to play around with but I always end up playing a few songs through the DOD Death Metal Pedal....why?....Cause its fun Dammit!

user 2) DOD is known for offering very cool effect pedals at very reasonable prices. I should I review a discontinued product though? Well, not only this is awesome distortion pedal but also, as chessy as this may sound, it made the musician I’m today. Back in Brazil, this was the pedal that made my high school band, the heaviest in town, and trust me when you hold such a title, not only you will get to hook up with a bunch of girls, but you gain the respect of anyone on your school.

My brother bought this pedal for our band in Brazil in 1996, in my country, if you want to buy any electronic equipment and pay half of the price you go to our neighbor Paraguay. That’s where he found the DOD Death Metal. I recently purchased one on ebay, I paid $35.

http://www.glintonline.com

What I love the most about this pedal now, besides all the stories I can relate to it, it’s how thick and heavy I can get my guitar to sound. I currently leave the level knob (R.I.P) on 12 o’clock, the low knob (guts) on 3 o’clock, the mid knob (pain) and the high knob (scream) on 1 o’clock. But through experimentation I always find different settings that gives my guitar very interesting sounds.

The flaw here is from DOD for discontinue its production.

DOD pedal are really though, this death metal have been through rough times and still work perfectly. That’s how exactly a guitar pedal should be. You can power this pedal via 9 Volts batteries or through power cord. It comes with 4 interesting named knobs (R.I.P, Guts, Pain, Scream) that gives you control for respectively leve, low, mids and highs. A led light on right on center indicated when the pedal in on, or if you are running out of battery juice.

The heaviest guitar sound you can get by a small and inexpensive pedal. Look for it on Ebay now.

user 3) I bought this distortion pedal cus im realy into death metal. I got it from seacos music for $49.00. A great price for such an awsume pedal

Like i said before im realy into death metal, and this pedal delivers it to you. the distortion is just aawwwww!!!! the price is also amzing . I'v used boss before and its a geat company but for the price of the dod death metal pedal its not far from being as good as boss.

it's a great pedal, but for something so good there is bound to be something bad. I'v noticed that it uses baterries up quit fast, and it sometimes want come on when u stomp it. but other than that its great

great but, i could do without the names writen on the pedal like, "scream, pain" and so on it looks o-k and its pretty solid . just take care of it and it should work o-k.

great pedal for anyone who likes death metal i strongly recomend this pedal. take care of it and i will asure you that this will be one of the best distortion pedals you can get for a realy low price.

if u guyz selling one, do pm me aight. :twisted:

Havent tried all the metal pedals in the market but i would say so far the ones i tried this has definately the most 'metal sounding' pedals i ever had man. Thumbs up for it.

guyz, these are reviews on da above gadget not done by me but those users. i had 1 b4 but after shifting house, its gone! hiash......ok here goes.

user 1) This pedal is uniquely painted in mostly black with blood spattered graphics on the sides. I play metal all the way but not necessarily Death Metal. However that doesn't mean this pedal isn't right for me. I've played on and off for about eighteen years but am now back in the groove of things and full out into band mode.

I actually acquired this pedal for free (no joke). My buddy gave it to me along with another when I started playing again this last time, they were no longer of use to him.

What I love about this pedal is its clearly designed to fill your sound with just pure dirty distortion. Its disgustingly rich with gain and has just the right amount of EQ's to mess around with. I hear some players complain that its too cheap sounding, which may be the case for certain types of playing style, however if you've played as long as I have you know that one pedal is never gonna fulfill all of your playing needs unless you buy something like the Digitech RP1000 or something similar, I don't rely on one single pedal I like to collect a variety. If its a case of needing to be louder during solo's than I suggest placing a Crybaby Wah behind it in your effects loop.

There isn't much I dislike about this pedal unless as I said your looking for a louder, cleaner sound, than play around with others. But if you want a ridiculous amount of distortion than this is the one for you.

Its built to last, it gets kicked around so much around here if it were built cheap I would've noticed by now.

In closing, I'd have to say if your starting out and don't want to break the bank but need something to play metal riffs; you'd be wrong to not even at least try one of these out. I have plenty of other much more expensive gear to play around with but I always end up playing a few songs through the DOD Death Metal Pedal....why?....Cause its fun Dammit!

user 2) DOD is known for offering very cool effect pedals at very reasonable prices. I should I review a discontinued product though? Well, not only this is awesome distortion pedal but also, as chessy as this may sound, it made the musician I’m today. Back in Brazil, this was the pedal that made my high school band, the heaviest in town, and trust me when you hold such a title, not only you will get to hook up with a bunch of girls, but you gain the respect of anyone on your school.

My brother bought this pedal for our band in Brazil in 1996, in my country, if you want to buy any electronic equipment and pay half of the price you go to our neighbor Paraguay. That’s where he found the DOD Death Metal. I recently purchased one on ebay, I paid $35.

http://www.glintonline.com

What I love the most about this pedal now, besides all the stories I can relate to it, it’s how thick and heavy I can get my guitar to sound. I currently leave the level knob (R.I.P) on 12 o’clock, the low knob (guts) on 3 o’clock, the mid knob (pain) and the high knob (scream) on 1 o’clock. But through experimentation I always find different settings that gives my guitar very interesting sounds.

The flaw here is from DOD for discontinue its production.

DOD pedal are really though, this death metal have been through rough times and still work perfectly. That’s how exactly a guitar pedal should be. You can power this pedal via 9 Volts batteries or through power cord. It comes with 4 interesting named knobs (R.I.P, Guts, Pain, Scream) that gives you control for respectively leve, low, mids and highs. A led light on right on center indicated when the pedal in on, or if you are running out of battery juice.

The heaviest guitar sound you can get by a small and inexpensive pedal. Look for it on Ebay now.

user 3) I bought this distortion pedal cus im realy into death metal. I got it from seacos music for $49.00. A great price for such an awsume pedal

Like i said before im realy into death metal, and this pedal delivers it to you. the distortion is just aawwwww!!!! the price is also amzing . I'v used boss before and its a geat company but for the price of the dod death metal pedal its not far from being as good as boss.

it's a great pedal, but for something so good there is bound to be something bad. I'v noticed that it uses baterries up quit fast, and it sometimes want come on when u stomp it. but other than that its great

great but, i could do without the names writen on the pedal like, "scream, pain" and so on it looks o-k and its pretty solid . just take care of it and it should work o-k.

great pedal for anyone who likes death metal i strongly recomend this pedal. take care of it and i will asure you that this will be one of the best distortion pedals you can get for a realy low price.

if u guyz selling one, do pm me aight. :twisted:

Back