Just back from HK!!!

RaynerT

OMG! I went to Tom Lee immediately I checked into the hotel, I went to one of the main branch at Tsim Sha Tsui(i stay just 2 streets away :p ). I think no shops in Singapore can compare to Tom Lee because of their size and varieties. I am amazed that they displayed all their guitars like the Gibson LP and even the ESPs,I spent amost 2 hours there playing the guitars and even being disturbed by the staffs! Anyway, I got a Taylor 420-CE-L5 and a BOSS Mirco BR. I will upload the pics real soon when i get a clean and good shot on them. :D

Here are the photos! A few only, I will post more later on!! mind the abd quality... :oops:

shot on the guitar

the headstock

Micro BR box

Micro BR, so shiny till you can see my hand and camera on it... :p

Is it the one at Camron Road? I just came back from Hong Kong last week. It's very big and all the guitars are hang there not like swee lee... The price is quite okay but the choice of acoustic guitars is not a lot...

hahah yeah the show room! i initially went to the wrong one.i walked into the shop which is directly under the big sign tom lee but actually had to walk in one of the streeets hahaha. really biggg they display all the gibsons for their customers to play man! now thats damn good! hahaha! fenders too mia's as well

funny that you mention that in HK they display all the guitars no matter how much they cost.
where I come from you can play any instrument that is in a shop. you just ask permission if it is considered an expensive one. most of the time they let you choose the amp.

now: there is more competition AND more musicians too... maybe that would explain why. (I remember the day a guy let me play on a PRS santana that was really out of my reach -student...- for 1/2 an hour. I didnt have to ask: he saw I loved the instrument...)

so I must say i found the concept of putting the "expensive" models in a separate room a bit "shocking" initially.

maybe they had problems with people scratching the instruments. or maybe it is for temperature variations problems...

btw: very nice Taylor!! :)

do you knwo if they carry Larrivee guitars ??
which place would you recommend me to visit? (I'm going to HK next week so I wouldnt mind taking a look at the guitar shops there)

thanks!

Hey guys! You know what??!! The president of Tom Lee, Mr Frank Lee, which is the owner came to the place (Singapore) where i played with my band three years ago. So after we did our first set, we had a chat. He said, " what ever you are using on stage, I'm selling!" I was like 'huh'??! This is my card....WHOA!!!! The president of Tom Lee! NIce to meet you, Sir! and he said, Please come and say hi to me if you were to visit HK! which i did....and the rest is history!

haha im in HK right now..over at my aunts place. and i live in taikoo shing..2mins away from the TOM LEE CITYPLAZA outlet. i go there almost every other day to paly the guitars (coz i didnt bring my guitar on my vacation). The staff there are really pleasant and friendly..they can speak decent english too. and they dont bother when you take a guitar and play for 235345 hours. Really great shop..prices are reasonable too.

Back