Where to buy cheapest violin/cello bow and how much ah??

Hi looking to get some violin or cello bow for props for playing with electric guitar.

How much are they generally? and where should be the most economic one? the quality doesn't matter at all ahaha

thks

I dont see how u are going to be able to use a bow on ur electric guitar. Bowed string instruments have a very small radius, which means the strings are positioned with a major curve, so u can bow 1 string at a time. Whereas electric guitars have strings set relatively flat. at best u're gonna be able to bow the low and high E, that's about it.

Jimmy Page didn't not try because of that.

Neither was he able to use the bow to much proper effect. He was only able to use arco (bowing) on the low E. The strings being roundwound also mean not getting enough grip, hence all the crappy harmonics ringing all over the place. And col legno (striking the strings with the back of the bow) can be done with any no of items, not just a bow.

Not to mention, you need to use rosin to get enough friction for the bow to make the string vibrate. U're gonna have a heck of a time cleaning off the rosin every time you play. Esp on roundwound strings, it'll get all caught in the grooves and kill ur tone.

I play guitar, bass and cello. Tried using the bow on guitar and bass ages ago. It's an interesting and exciting idea, unfortunately guitars are not designed to be bowed. There's a reason why violin/viol family of instruments are shaped and constructed the way they are, to not hinder bowing action.

I just got a violin at Play in United Square at a 30% discount…they are having a sale this month and the price is really value for money.

Back