Japanese song tabs^_^

shamniceguy

hey, does anyone know where i can find good japanese bass tabs??? looking to improve my bass knowledge=) will greatly apprecate it=D

unfortunately my band plays pop-rock but i'd like to experiment and see how japanese bass grooves will go with my bands song=P haha... btw, thanks composer of Requiems but ultimate guitar isn't really japanese based but more to english based.

unfortunately http://community.livejournal.com/jrock_tabs/ doesn't have the band i'm looking for T_T
i just wonder how come there's not much tabs for jrock=(

Last edited:
Ultimate guitar has a lot of the big J-Rock bands. You can find X, L'Arc, Gackt, Diru, MM, etc.etc. there; just that the other site is more comprehensive. Of course you won't find many JRock tabs, it's very niche.

What band are you looking for?

And what do you mean by Japanese bass grooves? Any examples?

band i'm looking particularly for is kelun and veltpunch

well bass grooves is present is almost all jrock so i'd like to learn abit here and there=) unlike common bass lines from us and british bands

BTW, any nice japanese songs you can recomend for me to listen??? I'm not very familliar with the jrock scene unfortunately

Haha no wonder can't find them.

Anyway, honestly right. Last time I really wanted to use these to make poprock sound more interesting. But if you're covering a poprock song, and you change the bassline so much, it just doesn't sound like the original anymore. Not saying whether it's a good or bad thing, but it just makes the song different already. And some songs you really need the bass to go 8ths. It's boring but necessary.

If you want interesting lines, I think the epitome is L'Arc En Ciel. It's melodic but also has groove. I find the others either try too hard, or not interesting enough.

haha=D thanks composerXD

I agree that 8ths is necessary but my band has a rythm guitarist so i'm trying to make the bass stand out a bit more=P

yeah i like the basslines i hear in L'Arc~En~Ciel... but just one question... they don't have a rythm guitarist right???

Well you guys can give SID a shot. Their songs Ajisai, Natsukoi, 2ºC Me no Kanojo (2℃目の彼女) and Rain (レイン) have pretty sweet bass lines. It was Natsukoi and 2℃目の彼女 that really pushed me to learn the bass even more seriously :p

Volux, thanks^_^ i've heard them when watching fullmetal alchemist... i don't know why i didn't search on them=P hahaXD i do love their song rain because its more emotional for me=)

Back