Bass Pickup Cavity Routing

SicBarney

Hello fellow softeeze...

Possible problem: I have a Dean P-bass, and I intend to mod my bass like f*ck. I'm looking into routing 2 pickup cavities to add in 2 J pickups, 1 above and 1 below the current P pickup. Intended final product would be a J-P-J configuration.

Possible solution: Which shops can do the cavity routing?

Looking forward to all sorts of replies. Hit me up guys!

Do u think its worth doing it in the first place? The cost of routing and buying 2 pickups for a Dean, would probably be close to the cost of buying another.

not to mention the cost of creating additional cavities, wood work is not something anyone can do properly. it takes lots of patience and talent and steady hand. I don't think it would come cheap specially here in singapore. if you can do it in Malaysia then might be more worth it.

few things you need to consider.
1. is the wood of the bass good?
2. is the looks of your bass good? (think 5 years from now)
3. is the cost worth it? rather than just selling your bass and buy a better one second hand bass.
4. have you tried a j p j bass before? (I have heard that its not that good, its either you love it or hate it)
5. if you start modding, consider that you might ruining the bass forever. (once you put additional cavities there is no turning back)

Hmmm... You guys really made me think... Thanks for the feedbacks...

Sorry if I reply late, just got back from holiday in Malaysia.

Thanks for so many insightful ideas... Gonna make me consider lotsa stuff...

THANK YOU ALL!

Back