The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

the biggest star so far in the world cup 2010 has got to be.....

octo_1083667a.jpg

GOLDEN TENTACLE AWARD!

:)

Last edited:
@Sub: Nope replays showed he was 2 yards onside.
@van_halen: Well, but sometimes to be champions you need to have luck, lots of it.
@junkiemanxl: Hell yeah! Too bad he probably won't be around for Brazil 2014............only EURO 2012. Octopuses don't live for very long, he might not even make EURO 2012.

And now for some Golden Ball and Golden Boots news: Diego Forlan has been awarded the Golden Ball for his outstanding displays in the World Cup, scoring 5 goals and helping his side win a penalty shootout against Ghana by scoring from the spot.

Thomas Mueller of Germany has been awarded the Golden Boot award, after his 5 goals and 3 assists took Germany to 3rd place. FIFA decided that assists would be used as a secondary measure to determine the Golden Boot winner in the case of a draw. The other 3 contenders, Wesley Sneijder (the Bronze Boot winner), David Villa (the Silver Boot winner) and Diego Forlan only managed 1 assist apiece.

I have to say i am damn impressed with Mueller. His all-round game is absolutely superb, even world-class. To me, he's already a force to be reckoned with, i can't wait to see him in EURO 2012 and Brazil 2014. He truly deserves the honour of wearing the number 13 shirt that even bears the same name as his namesake, Gerd Mueller.

And now almost every player out there is trying to run away from the English League and poor Ballack thrown out of Chelski.

Back