Guitar amplifier

Zero93

Hi, i'm new to guitars and had decide to buy an electric guitars. I was searching from the internet where to get cheaper amplifier and saw a website that have 3 categories for guitar amplifier, they shows guitar combo, guitar cabinet and guitar head amps, what does these 3 means? is it tt i nid 3 of them tt makes up an amplifier?

Thanks for the reply^^

A combo amplifier is one that has the pre-amplifier section and in-built speakers. A combo is all you need.

An amplifier head is the pre-amp section and it does not have in-built speakers. Rather, amplifier heads are plugged into cabinets. Cabinets are basically external speakers. If you want to use an amplifier head, you need to have the cabinet(s) too.

By the way, wrong section... this should be posted under 'Gear - Guitar' section.

A combo amplifier is one that has the pre-amplifier section and in-built speakers. A combo is all you need.

An amplifier head is the pre-amp section and it does not have in-built speakers. Rather, amplifier heads are plugged into cabinets. Cabinets are basically external speakers. If you want to use an amplifier head, you need to have the cabinet(s) too.

By the way, wrong section... this should be posted under 'Gear - Guitar' section.

So if i wan the amplifier tt connects to the guitar so tt i can play i can just buy the combo?

Yeah, a combo's all ya need. I personally don't see the point of separate amplifier heads and cabinets, but that's just me. Lot's of people seem to like 'em.

head with external spk served the purpose to play in a bigger place to project the sound to further distance!

Back