Any double-bass, upright bass, or electric DB/UB player here?

alanchia

Am wondering, how many double-bass, upright bass, electric double bass/upright bass here. Do you play the electric bass guitar too?

Post a response to this thread.

For me, gotten a EDB and am loving it more than my electric bass guitar.

by any chance, are you the guy who was playing the blue electric double bass and the yamaha 5 string at PLMGSS earlier this morning?:)

haha i was just wondering since i play bass for the youth service. nice EDB you had there.

Am wondering, how many double-bass, upright bass, electric double bass/upright bass here. Do you play the electric bass guitar too?

Post a response to this thread.

For me, gotten a EDB and am loving it more than my electric bass guitar.

Hi Alan
How's the blue electric upright ? like the sound and the mwah ? i got my new electric upright , but i really missed the Blue Bass.
have fun playin' my friend.

Nelson

yo nelson!

yup had alot of fun with the stagg ebd; in fact used that in the worship on 23 aug.

so what's your new electric upright?

looking for an electric upright bass

i'm an upright bass player here... though i left my upright back home...

i do not have a car here in singapore, so i don't think an acoustic upright will be feasible for me. please do text me anytime if you know anyone selling an electric upright. my HP# is:

9820-6830

tnx.

Nice palatino you have there, cykline! Are you from Singapore? Where did you get the Palatino from? I cant find any shop selling it.

palatino

"music theme" at peninsula sells it.
they quoted me 1388sgd.

i ended up ordering from music123.com.
there was a black friday sale, and the price
went down to 492usd. shipping 160usd.

going to arrive this week!

Are YOu Teachers

Does any of you guys happen to teach Upright and Jazz bass? bec im looking for a teacher who can teach me how to read and seriously be one of the uprighters here in singapore.

Plss help a young man who's willing to learn and needs a mentor.....

Thanks!!!!

"music theme" at peninsula sells it.
they quoted me 1388sgd.

i ended up ordering from music123.com.
there was a black friday sale, and the price
went down to 492usd. shipping 160usd.

going to arrive this week!

hey, im looking to buy a bass online too. i was wondering, isn't the shipping free for music123 and musiciansfriend?

I play both electric and upright as well! =D

Am currently learning music from a doubler who puts up in the west side of singapore.

Double bass teachers

@jabberwocky & Dr.Bass

I know of two people.

The first is this guy called Brandon Wong that sells basses and teaches, and the second is an old timer called Wilfred Bay.

Let me rant a little bit about my gear.

I use a 5 string eminence portable tuned EADGC, a yamaha BB450 4 string and a tokai tuned to BEAD.

I use an unspecified korean french grip bow that I got from somewhere and pops rosin.

My amp is a line 6 lowdown studio 110, and my effects chain is guitar -> boss LS2 -> boss RV3 -> Sansamp bass driver

Drop me a PM if you have any further queries.

Yes, I bought it from him. My model initially came in BEADG tuning, and the change in strings et all cost me close to 5K.

@alanchia
As to whether I will switch to a real double bass, I just made a switch FROM the real thing to the 5 string.
Been involved with a group in which I play both upright and guitar for about sl. more than a year now.
The eminence doesn't quite hit you in the chest as the real thing, but I can fit so much more things in the car nowadays. =D

Back