Dir en grey!

love_replicate

huh@_@ just joined the forum a while ago and i am shocked!! why is there no diru thread!! those guys are like epic ._. seriously kyo has a killer set of vocals, and their music is composed so...beautifully...

i love their sound...dry and hollow imo...\m/

*fangirls*

Dir en grey (ディル・アン・グレイ, Diru An Gurei?) is a Japanese band formed in 1997 and currently signed to Firewall Div., a sub-division of Free-Will. As of 2008, they have recorded seven full-length records and while the group's lineup has remained consistent since its inception, numerous stylistic changes have made its music's genre difficult to determine (though it is generally considered to be a form of rock music). Originally associated with Japan's visual kei movement, the band has opted for less flamboyant attire in recent years.

Dir en grey has toured through Asia, Europe and North America;[3][4] Billboard commenting on the group's international fanbase, that the band "has transcended the language barrier in the United States through its music" and "gained its audience without singing in English".

* Kyo – vocals
* Kaoru – guitar, backing vocals
* Die – guitar, backing vocals
* Toshiya – bass guitar, backing vocals
* Shinya – drums

Discography
Main article: Dir en grey discography

* Gauze (1999)
* Macabre (2000)
* Kisou (2002)
* Vulgar (2003)
* Withering to death. (2005)
* The Marrow of a Bone (2007)
* Uroboros (2008)

(kope from wiki. XD)

Shocked as well

yeah man! why the hell is there no Diru thread? furthermore, nobody's commenting :[ if they every came to Singapore, i would beg my family for money to buy the ticket :p

love em! they we're one of my major influences when i started listening to japanese music. i'd see em too if they ever dropped by. and i love how their sound keeps changing. Awesome awesome awesome~!!

THEY ARE THE BEST! The way Kyo presents himself on stage and his vocal range. From Visual kei to Metal. They way the make music....AWESOME!!

Heaviest influence on me. Their music is intense as hell, and imo they're definitely not metal. Long live diru!

Back