Slapping on the bass

slap really hard and use a compressor ;p it helps!!!! the ultimate cheat pedal for slapping and popping ;p.

i use it a lot to fake and cheat my way tru ;p.

just slap until you get it la..i will take time though...if you still cant get it then get someone to slap you til you do......
....so die die you kena slap until sore and still you cannot slap the bass then use a weapon.....

btw... would you like a primer slap lesson from uncle aquanaut?...free....

It's in the wrist of the slapping/thumbing hand.

Learn to relax, focus on dynamics ( i.e. the muting of the strings etc ). It will come naturally. Initially, almost every one slaps too hard but you'll get the hang of it with practise.

Now you could improve your syncopathed rhythm by practising the paradiddle drum strokes patter on your pillows, with bare hands. You'll be amazed how it helps with bass slapping. Vary the intensity when you practise.

Good thumpin'.

also make sure that your bass is made to be slapped, there are some basses out there that just sounds crap when being slapped. also make sure that bass is setup up properly.
some basses needs to be slapped hard and some don't.

just my 2 cents.

don't mind the hyjacking,
but other than the aphex punch factory,
any other compressors to recommend?

i'm having trouble with slapping the A string, keep hitting the E string or jus not producing the tone because i'm afraid of hitting the E string.

anyone can help?

When you slap, it is actually two motions combined into one fluid motion.

First: Slap down roughly 45 degrees onto the string (the piak sound)
Second: Pull the string down as your thumb goes to rest on the string below it (the body of the sound)

So if you do it in slow motion, you should hear something like: piak...dooom. piak...dooom. And when you combine it into one full motion, you get a nice solid slap sound.

GO SLOW. With a metronome. and after that, GO SLOW. Always start slow. No one was born a Wooten.

Back