Music Fair In China

yaH!

Now you get to buy all those nice Ibeenhad JEMMs and Gibsun Las Pauls at 100RMB and save that £160 shipping costs :wink:

NAMM partnering with CMIA is great news. Looks like NAMM doing the NAMM U part of the show will draw in many more people. If these sessions in the China show is the same as the NAMM shows, it will be very interesting. They are supposed to have breakfast sessions and idea center sessions, where they will share best practices and ideas at 30 minute slots. Hope they post the list of the participating manufacturers soon. 750 exhibitors is not bad compared to NAMM winter 2006 which had 1400+ (considering this one is in China). Looks like I have to put it down in my diary. I think I have enough frequent flyer points to make this trip free!

Maybe a SOFT gathering in Shanghai? James, doing a coverage? You have enough people who can give reviews. Can do something like Harmony Central, who I'm sure will not be covering this one since they are focussed only on NAMM and Musikmesse.

NAMM - National Associtaion of Music Merchants. This long name is no longer used since it is no longer a "national" thing (ie US) but international. Now they are called International Music Products Association, but then because everybody is so used to the acronym NAMM, the name NAMM is retained.

Founded in 1901. Every year, they hold 2 shows (one in summer and one in winter) in the US featuring music products all over the world, new gears and instruments, etc. Always a hot topic when the NAMM show nears. Websites like harmony central and sonicstate usually follow these shows very closely and post day-to-day update on the new gears shown during these shows. There will be clinics, performances by famous bands etc. Usually thousands of people flock to these shows all over the world. Anyway, summer NAMM is starting TOMORROW (ie 14 July US time). Harmony central is already preparing to cover the show and is already giving pre-show information on some gears (http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM06/). So keep a look out during the next few days for more updates!

Anyway, Winter NAMM is always better than Summer NAMM - more new stuffs during the winter show.

Snuffleupagus, the link you gave is discussion on the winter NAMM which was over half a year ago...

HAHA, its the pictures thats interesting , not the discussion. :D

For those who don't know what NAMM is, its a great way to see what is it through the pictures.

188 pics to be exact.

firstly must find reason for me to 'expand' the china market so that i can make my way there! ha..ha...

ok, let me move this to the kopitiam section.

the last time when I was in China - Chengdu and Zhuhai

all the keyboards I saw are Casiotone and Yamaha PSR.

no branded guitars as well

New Link:

http://www.musicchina-expo.com/indexen.asp

Boomdoom, you may be right. The list of exhibitors looks impressive at the first glance, but the majority are local manufacturers and shops. It's hard to know what they are going to display, whether they will have imported gears. A quick search already showed that they do not have Korg, Tascam, GEM, Alesis etc (things I'm interested in). They do have M-audio, Roland and Yamaha. So I guess I may not make the trip after all. Very sad...

But China do sell branded stuffs. I got my Yamaha S90 here. They also have Roland RD700, the Motif etc. You just have to look at the right place...

Back