Breakbeat Theory: Live Drum n' Bass

Interesting stuff and pretty good too. Only concern is that the songs are currently arranged for a club kinda atmosphere. With a live audience, I would think that quicker changes between one section and the next would be required, otherwise it'll be too motononous at certain parts of each song.

Cheers
RoRK

For the longest time, I tot OM stood for Original Music, not Open Mike... Hmm..

And I was thinking: "Why the hell are so many peeps posting covers? Whatever happened to the original music and the so-called push/ desire/ initative to help Singapore musicians?

"Everyone says: Support the local scene. What scene is there when all the music I see here are covers or wanking over backing tracks?"

In any case, bro SOFT bro, you've been very wary of IP infringement from the start. A lot of the forum members are posting covers WITHOUT giving royalties, etc to the original composers. Safe to host these links in the forum? Cuz you have deleted links to YouTube, download sites, etc.

Anyway, bro RR bro and bro ebon_five bro, up your points. BBT is not exactly an original concept (what is, these days?) but it's prolly the freshest thing I've heard from our tropical isle for a while!

yeah, the concept is old since the beginnings of electronica. the challenge is something like jazz... improvisation and anticipation. and its damn fun too!

Hahaha oh no no no we're definately not an original concept. There are tons of live drum n bass/electronic bands and acts in Europe. Amazing acts like Roni Size, London Electricity and Miloopa have been doing this for quite some time. It's a LOT like jazz I must say (I bet a lot of jazz cats are gonna skewer me for saying this) just without the solos. Just check out dnb artistes like Moloko and Adam F. Freakin horns siah! Man if I could find a bloody horn section I'd have them in the band too hahaahhah!

And yeah I have to admit it's a ton of fuggin fun to play!! Takes quite a bit out of me but hey it's worth is ahahahahah!!

Very kewl! Hope to see you guys soon! Next time we must lakopi...

Eh eh, just when the music picking up to a new variation the video ends!!! MORE!

Crappy stuff! Sounds more like drums and noise. Tell your guitarist to dress appropriately - he looks like a loafer and plays like one - totally embarrissing! It's shameful to have people like him playing the guitar! And the drums went off for a while there too.

An April 2007 recording and it's now towards the end of Jan2008. Wassup with dat?

Apologies for the negativity but this isn't even a song and it's just plain ulgy from a musical as well as a visual experience. Do take note who your audience is and who you are. I see a great mismatch and it just falls horribly flat.

Perhaps a keyboardist + DJ/spinner will set you up better. But for goodness sake please dress up appropriately, stop talking when you're playing and post better stuff. This doesn't do you any justice at all - it's not even a song!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back