Softie on "The Newpaper"

Its on page 4&5. They included the songs lyrics! Talks a bit about her background, the video, the hacking of her youtube account, etc.

woo.that was like a heads up for me.if she can do it.anyone can.but cant escape the fact of hard work.my respect there.

IMHO, she's one of the two most talented Softies around but she was always more likely to make it. I always knew that she could go far. I think she now has to make a decision on whether she wants to continue with her studies or do music fulltime.

The only downside are (1) that she has to stay away from no-talent creeps who'll be gunning for her and (2) she really has to pen more songs quickly to take advantage of the current hoohah.

Very cool chick with natural talent and a beautiful voice. Indeed!

RoRK

Oh ok read that article... When I first saw a vids last year i thought she was good too although I don't usually listen to that genre of music.

IMHO, she's one of the two most talented Softies around but she was always more likely to make it.

Oh, she's one of the two most talented softies i see... o_O

curious... who's the other one u had in mind?

Avon Rellets got it right! I'm a big fan of Mr Cowley. But time isn't on his side and it's much harder for a guitarist like him eto make it internationally than someone like Ling who tucks in well within the singer/songwriter genre and she's got a style that's very unique, pleasant and cerebral. Easy to like yet takes time to appreciate. Stuff like this doesn't come along often.

But then again, since when did anything I say mean anything of significance? ;-)

I'm hopeful that no flames arise from this - just giving my honest POV, as always.

RoRK

The article is the size of two full new paper pages.. either sumone need to splice it and reconstruct it or they've got a very big scanner! ;)

Back